South Asia Foresight Network
The South Asia Foresight Network (SAFN) functions under the Millennium Project in Washington, DC.The SAFN consists of individuals, think tanks and other institutions that are active and interested in Futures Research in South Asian countries, including Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
To contribute to advancing the work of ‘The Millennium Project’ in South Asia and empowering individuals and institutions with Futures Research concepts and methods
- There is a lack of Futures Research and applications of futures methods in multiple sectors in South Asia, from Government, Civil society, and Academia to Private Sector.
- The absence of a South Asia unified platform to exchange future studies knowledge and their application.
- To become a ‘One Stop Shop’ of Futures research knowledge of South Asia. A repository of data for futures researchers and other stakeholders.
- Support South Asian Think Tanks to develop their own Futures Studies knowledge by connecting them with the network of the global futures think tank ‘The Millennium Project’.
Its objective is to foster connections among South Asian nations to enable opportunities for cooperation in expanding Futures Research in multiple sectors.
South Asia is the least integrated region in the world. To assist in developing initiatives and Futures research towards regional integration. Assist policymakers, academics and civil society in this regard.
Building a close community of Futures Researchers and Champions to expand the knowledge to South Asian society. Contributing to the collective learning in the development of foresight skills.
Promoting work of Futures Studies and Research in multiple sectors, including (Foreign Relations and Geopolitics, Agriculture, Education, Political-Economy, Tech and IT, Climate, Security, Regionalism, and the Indian Ocean.
South Asia is one of the most volatile regions in the world, involved in issues relating to Climate, Insurgency, Terrorism, Border Disputes, and many transnational security challenges. Futures Research will develop alternative futures and implications for actions for policymakers and all stakeholders.
- Futures Research and Finding Synergetic solutions for South Asian challenges.
- Regional Challenge discussions and connecting South Asian scholars with The Millennium Project in Washington DC and other international think tanks.
- Offer internships and recognise Researchers.
- Collaboration with South Asian Think Tanks and Regional Networks
- Disseminate Futures Research work to Stakeholders
- Link Global Futures Research to South Asia and connect South Asian Research with global futures think tanks.