The SAFN Internship program (virtual/in-person) allows undergraduate/graduate students from diverse backgrounds to engage with the Millennium Project and its network in South Asia (SAFN) to develop and learn new skills. The internship will provide a pre-professional and practical experience related to the student’s field of study or career interest. Interns may work with SAFN staff/Executive Director in research and on areas of Futures Research, South Asia studies, South Asia Foreign Policy, Global/South Asia Political-Economy etc. Interns provide the opportunity to attend internal high-level meetings, think tank events, and the Millennium Project node events and develop presentation skills and professional development.
This is an unpaid Internship, and you will produce the following during your three months internship.
- Two commentary papers (800-1200 words)
- One Issue brief (2000-2500 words)
- Completion of all assigned research/office assistance work by your supervisor
If SAFN has partnered with your institute, kindly refer to the terms of the agreement for benefits you could receive.
All applications must be submitted online. To firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Internship at SAFN 2023
- Submit a one-page cover letter ( describe areas of your interest and what experience you wish to gain from the internship)
- Resume (1 to 2 pages only)
- One letter of Reference
Internship Program Schedule:
We accept internship applications from around the world and there is no deadline for global applications.
2023 Internship Program Dates & Deadlines for the US applications
- Spring Program start date: February 1st, 2023 – April 2023
- Summer Program start date: June 1st -August 2023
- Fall Program start date: Sep 1st – November
SAFN is an equal-opportunity think tank committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or other factors protected by law. We at SAFN look forward to having you with us for our internship program.